[Zope] The name ZOPE (was RE: [Zope] Linux.com community ad)

Ben Leslie benno@sesgroup.net
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 12:24:19 +1000

Hi Alexander!

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Alexander Staubo wrote:

> The name is easier to distinguish for Americans, I think, who pronounce
> the letter "Z" differently from the character "S". I'm pretty sure Brits
> don't do this, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, the verbal
> resemblance between "Zope" and "soap" is still pretty high.

OK this may be a small problem however I think the fact that Zope is so
unique makes it fantastic. All the major search engines that I just
tried (Google, AltaVista, Lycos, Infoseek) all returned Zope on the first
page (well the first hit apart from AltaVista).

This is a _real_ advantage. Compare this with trying to find information
on some other stuff, such as soap. I spent almost an hour the other day
trying to find information on Soap without any luck (if any one has any
URLs where I can find information that would be great).

SO the point I'm trying to make is that Zope is a great name because it
is unique which means its really easy to remember and just about zero
chance of confusing it with anything else.

My $0.02

Benno