[Zope] The name ZOPE

Hung Jung Lu hung_jung_lu@adventure.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 15:12:46 -0700

Hi,

I want to emphasize what others have already said.

I was just trying to register some domain names. And I realized just how few
4-letters domain names were left. There are virtually all GONE! Even
unpronounceable, silly names like XQZQ are taken.

When you have such a simple name like ZOPE, I think you'd better truly
appreciate how lucky you have been. Really, the name alone today probably
worth a few million dollars. Try a few search engines, and you reach every
single page related to ZOPE the software, and nothing on "zope on the rope"
stuff. (Notice that searching for "Python" often gives you help on
reptiles.)

When you have something this precious, think twice, no, think thrice before
making any change.

regards,

Hung Jung