[Zope] Zope Hangs

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 15:38:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Duncan Kinder wrote:

> Having installed Zope 2..0.1 into a RedHat 6.0 machine with Apache 1.3.9, I
> have discovered that when I type './start' it does not return to the command
> line.

by default Zope starts in debug mode and does not detach from the
controlling terminal.

> I can get back to the command line by pressing 'Ctrl-C,'   but then I get a
> "page cannot be displayed error when I attempt to access the 'manage' page.
>
> How do I correct this?

Ctrl-C kills the Zope process.

My advice is to make a copy of the start file, and then edit that copy to
fit your needs. Specifically remove the -D option and include the -Z
option which will cause Zope to run in the background. My start_zope file
looks like this:

#! /bin/sh
PYTHONHOME=/usr/local/Zope
export PYTHONHOME