[Zope] Problem with zserver.sh

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:41:52 +0200

At 01:04 18/10/99 , Raphael Volz wrote:
>Iīm trying to run ZOPE 2.0.1 with SUSE Linux 6.1.
>I get the following message after having installed the rpmīs and trying to run
>zserver.sh :
>bash-2.02# Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "z2.py", line 367, in ?
>     import ZServer
>   File "/usr/share/zope/ZServer/__init__.py", line 123, in ?
>     from HTTPServer import zhttp_server, zhttp_handler
>   File "/usr/share/zope/ZServer/HTTPServer.py", line 111, in ?
>     import thread
>ImportError: No module named thread
>
>Python 1.5.2 has been installed with the official RPMs. No threading support
>with Linux (canīt believe that) ? Any work arounds out there ?

Yeah: Find an RPM that has been compiled with threading. It is absolutely
essential. Alternatively you could compile your own.

Something I haven't tested, but you might be able to reconfigure and then
recompile the RPM package if you have the python-devel RPM as well.

The Linux binaries of Zope come with their own, pre-compile python. Maybe
you should try that.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer