[Zope] Zope.org performance

Sean Treadway seant@factory.dk
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:06:45 +0200

Now, I am keen on Zope like nobody, but after going to www.zope.org
Friday at about 10:00 US/EST the site would not respond any faster than
30 secs/hit?!?

I was trying to convince somebody of the power of Zope and in return I
got a very suspicious customer.  Please, could someone give some load
information about the main zope site?  It is an excellent place for
evangelizing Zope and giving a seat-of-the-pants demo, only if it is
performing well.

If the site's poor performance is explainable, then please, we want an
explanation.  If not, then what kind of options do we have if we plan to
deploy Zope in a similar, as I see it now, medium sized web site and why
aren't they used on www.zope.org?

This has become somewhat of a FAQ.  Are there any statistics about what
kind of setup Zope.org is running?  How many machines, pcgi or ZServer,
how many hits/day, mean response time, ZODB size, is it using ZEO, etc.?

Thanks,
Sean