[Zope] Custom tags with zope

Van Lindberg vel2@email.byu.edu
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 00:00:43 -0600

Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> Hi Van -
>
> It is generally not a good idea to create a new tag for too specialized
> applications although it is certainly possible. I believe Andrew Kuchling
> wrote a guide once.
>
>  [snip]

> Is not a DTML Document not enough to do what you need? I suppose you could
> use a ZClass and define the choice form too if you want to get fancier.

The thing is, I'm designing an application where I won't be adding the content, or even
directly controlling the layout myself;  rather, I need to have a nice forms-based
interface where someone who doesn't know html can use a set of building blocks to
design custom sites.  So maybe it might not be a good idea in general, but it is
exactly what I need here.

In a larger sense, I want to design a set of dtml methods and documents that can then
be used to generate a set of dtml methods and documents.  I think that should be
possible.

Last, how do you create a ZClass?  Any links or help?
If anyone wants to know more in detail what I'm doing, just email me.

Thanks,
VanL