[Zope] KM|NetNews

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:07:07 -0400

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Drage Paul <Paul.Drage@icl.com>
To: 'Kevin Dangoor' <kid@kendermedia.com>; 'zope@zope.org' <zope@zope.org>
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 11:22 AM
Subject: RE: [Zope] KM|NetNews

>Kevin,
>   NO shame in fixing problems...

No shame in fixing problems, true... The shame was that I should've released
1.0 a month ago :)

>>    After much shameful delay, I have finally released KM|Net News 1.0...
>
>Unfortunately, I think that I've found another one.
>
>I tried to call the Catalog that the KMnetNews uses KMCatalog rather than
>Catalog, and tried to use it (having also put KMCatalog in the
>default_catalog entry in the Article Stores properties.

I've seen a few messages talking about this kind of thing recently. When I
had added the "default_catalog" property to the KMArticleStore, I had
thought that this would be picked up via acquisition. Unfortuately, this
property has to be set for each KMArticle instance (from what I understand).
A change to the AddArticle method would probably do it... hopefully, I'll
get around to this in less than 2 months :)

Kevin