[Zope] Object reference and the _SetObject() method

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:32:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Martijn Pieters wrote:

> Nothing. Just because the Zope management interface uses a hierarchical
> structure, doesn't mean that every object cannot be referenced more then once.

Thats correct. And I believe some objects are in fact referenced more than
once. But be careful if you are using objects that do not conform to Zope
management interface. I had one bad experience where I created a lot of
instances of a custom persistent object and added them onto standard Zope
objects using an external method. Later some bugs in my object source
corrupted the whole ZODB. Jim Fulton pointed politely that I souldn't do
such bad things, but I think he was just too polite.

As it turned out you didn't have such bad thinks in mind.

Pavlos