[Zope] ZCatalog and searching for german Umlaute

Michael Gutmann gutmann@uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:02:24 +0200

Hi folks,

I've got a nasty problem with ZCatalog, that I cannot locate (localize :-).

I have DTML-Documents with the word "König" in a property (title) and in the
body. If I enter "König" in a formfield named "suchwort" and search with
  	Catalog.searchResults({'title':suchwort})
or	Catalog.searchResults({'raw':suchwort})
the document, which is indexed and found using other words, is not found.

Even if I search explicitly after "König" like in
  	Catalog.searchResults({'title':'König'})
or	Catalog.searchResults({'raw':'König'})
the document won't be found.

This is Zope 2.0.1 with ZServer directly accessed (not via Apache) and
LC_ALL=de is set (and exported ;-) on an UltraSPARC with SunOS 5.7.

Anybody any idea in this specific case? I must admit, that this is a very
serious problem for our site and makes it hard for me to convince my
users of the excellence of Zope. Well, I am convinced, though. But tell
them that ...

Grüße aus Düsseldorf (you see, we're not far from kanji, aren't we? :)
Michael

gutmann@uni-duesseldorf.de