[Zope] Q: Iterating through an arbitrary number of SUBMIT form REQUEST object files/attributes?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:30:39 +0100

At 5:00 pm +0300 25/10/99, Samu Mielonen wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Alex:
>> Erhm, sorry, Samu, but this _is_ how ZPublisher works. It chucks all the
>> raw HTTP request stuff into REQUEST and lets you easily extract it.
>
>Hmmm, I think you misunderstood me (I was being way too confusing
>as usual :) My apologies. I'll try to illustrate my problem better:
>
>I know I can extract KNOWN variables/properties out of REQUEST
>object, but what if I don't know what's inside REQUEST? I don't
>know the variable names not to mention what data types they
>may contain.

You can also do <dtml-in "REQUEST.form.items()"> to get the contents
of the form dictionary (ie the all FORM variables)  in <dtml-var
sequence-key> and  <dtml-var sequence-item> (a .cookies method exists
as well). I'm not sure about what or how you'll test variable types
you'll get back.

hth
tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2