[Zope] Zope and long running sessions question...

Christopher A. Wright caw@belloc.med.monash.edu.au
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:37:23 +1000

Hi,

I have an application that requires the user to fill in some forms. The
next form to serve up to the user depends on the contents of the last
form. The transaction looks like this:
user requests service:
				Zope starts up service
				Zope sends first page to the user
User responds
				Zope decides what page to serve next
				Serves the page
User responds
			........repeat as needed

				Zope returns the result of the service
				request to the user.

{
for Zope read Bobo, I guess. I'm really interested in the long running
Python process stuff, more than the delegation, roles etc at the moment.
}

I'm wondering how Zope would handle this. At the initial service request,
Zope would return some html, but in some sense, it's really a function
call OUT to the user to get some more data. the user then responds, but
again, that's really a call to Zope.

I would love to understand how Zope might work here...

cheers and thanks for any help

chris wright

Dr. Christopher A. Wright
Deputy Director, ICU