[Zope] Something want to ask you!

Magnus Heino magnus@vuab.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:51:09 +0200

> >I have some questions want to ask you. How can i use Zope without online?
>
> >D:\Zope2.0b4>"D:\Zope2.0b4\bin\python.exe" "D:\Zope2.0b4\z2.py"
>
> I do it all the time with Windows NT4 SP5, (&@!) IE5 - and I am not even
> in that wonderful "offline mode". Do you have a working TCP/IP stack
> installed?
>
> Perhaps upgrading to Zope 2.01 helps?
>
> >I have hosts file in my computer,
>
> Well, mine is brain-dead enough to just have
>
>   127.0.0.1       localhost
>
> (and that's purely for convenience, anyway).

Im trying to access my Zope installation at home (on a linux box) from a
Win98 box, but I seem to have the same problem.

IE5 thinks it should be in "offline mode", and it doesnt care at all
about the hosts file or that the 192.168.20.0 network is configured and
up'n'running.

Outside IE5, everythink works as supposed to.

Maybe it would work better if I setup a dns...

/Magnus Heino