[Zope] what user and group to use for zope install

Geoff Nordli geoff@gnaa.net
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:03:37 -0700

Should I create a user, and group for zope install?

Where should I put the installation? "/usr/local/zope"

Should the user/group own Zope's entire directory
structure.

In the documentation it says that the user that
starts Zope must own the var directory.  How do
you know what user is being used to start Zope,
and how do you control it.  I did the compile using
"root".

What kind of security implication is having root
own the zope directory.

If I want to add additional components to zope
like mysql, apache, and whatever--does this
affect the user that zope runs under?

thanks,

Geoff Nordli MCT, MCSE, Master CNE, CCA, MCP, A+
G Nordli & Associates
749 Robson Dr.
Kamloops BC, V2E 2G7
Phone: 250-314-7354