[Zope] Re: [squishdot] Re: [Zope] CorruptedTransactionError

John Glossner glossner@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:26:46 -0700

> > From: John Glossner glossner@hotmail.com
> > ZODB.FileStorage.CorruptedTransactionError:
> > /usr/local2/packages/zope/Zope-2.0.1-src/var/Data.fs incorrect previous pointer at 7355907
> >

> From: Pavlos Christoforou <pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu>
>
> I haven't seen this before but try first to trunctate Data.fs at the point
> where the problem occured. First make a copy of your Data.fs.

How do I truncate Data.fs at a specific pointer? Is there
a utility for this?

> Can you also send us/descripe what changes you have made to squsihdot?

My changes are in the Data.fs (which is about 7MB, gzip'd 3.1M). I'll
be happy to send it to anyone who wants to look but it is too big
to post.

My changes were mostly cosmetic. I removed the 1st column and placed
it in a frame, I added a preview button to the review page, and some
other minor stuff. Also, I do not know if Squishdot has
anything to do with this problem.

I want to point out that I didn't make any changes from the last
time I test-posted to the time I did a reload and it crashed.
Somehow, it looks like something got committed without my
involvement. Since it is a test site there is almost no one
who uses it.

The distressing part is that I can't seem to recover to start
zope and ftp out my content.

Thanks,
John