[Zope] CorruptedTransactionError

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:15:20 -0400

John Glossner wrote:

> I get the sinking feeling I'm in deep yogurt.
>
> Before getting this error, I was running Squishdot 0.3.2 (but I've
> made edits so it is not a pure Squishdot). I have been happily
> using 0.3.0 for a few days. This afternoon (with no know changes
> made - but I won't swear to it), I was all of a sudden unable to
> access my Squishdot site. I got KeyError (which is appended below
> since it still happened to be cached in my browser). I could still
> access other parts of my site.
>
> Then, after looking around for what could have caused this,
> I decided to try to restart Zope. Now I can not restart Zope
> and it says my Data.fs is corrupt. My question is: Is there
> anyway to fix this? Obviously, I can rename Data.fs and
> Zope will restart. However, I want to rescue everything I
> can out of Data.fs.

1. make a gzipped copy of your Data.fs file

2. truncate your Data.fs file at 7355907 bytes and restart.
   Hopefully, you didn't lose much.

3. Please answer the following questions:

  - What version of Zope are you runing?

  - Are you using a network file system (e.g. NFS)?

4. Send me the zipped data file you created in step 1 and
   send it to me via *private* email.

5. if you've got a Zope event log or hit log, please zip them up
   and send them to me.

Jim

repeats.