[Zope] SiteAccess - Virtual Hosting

Liz Liz" <liz@virtualplancenter.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:48:26 -0700

Evan is to be applauded for the wonderful docs he provided with SiteAccess;
however, I still have a problem. The DTML Method he listed under Example 1:
<dtml-call "REQUEST.path.append('mysite')"> which is to be placed in the
root folder with the id set as AccessRule works great. : ) Although
everything within the mysite folder is working correctly, I am immediately
placed into the mysite folder when I access Zope. This means I cannot see my
Zope root at all. Did I miss something somewhere?

If my zope is sitting at www.mysite.com:8080 but I want to also have
www.mysite.com:8080/my2ndsite and www.mysite.com:8080/my3rdsite - how do I
do this?

Root Folder
Control Panel
ZCatalog
    MySite Folder
        index_html
        neatstuff
          index_html
   My2ndsite Folder
        index_html
        neatstuff
          index_html
   My3rdsite Folder
        index_html
        neatstuff
          index_html

How can I set it up so that if I just enter www.mysite.com:8080/manage I get
into the Root Folder, but if I enter anything else, I'm directed to the
correct folder? I tried the DTML Method mentioned in Evan's example 2, but
that didn't work - in fact I was blocked out of everything then...

<dtml-in "[('mysite', 'mysite'),
                 ('my2ndsite', 'my2ndsite'),
                 ('my3rdsite', 'my3rdsite')]">
   <dtml-if "HTTP_HOST[-_.len(_['sequence-key']):]==_['sequence-key']">
       <dtml-call "REQUEST.path.append(_['sequence-item'])">
       <dtml-return "0">
   </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

Can anybody understand my ramblings?