[Zope] [announce] Local File System product

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
28 Oct 1999 15:59:51 GMT

On 27 Oct 1999 15:37:44 GMT, Kent Polk wrote:
>On 26 Oct 1999 21:05:00 -0500, Jay, Dylan wrote:
>>
>>Solution: Make the files/folder persistant but every request checks for the
>>existance of its filesystem counterpart. If its gone then it gets deleted.
>>Slow but it would work.
>
>I tried that using bobo_traverse, but haven't gotten past some of the
>bugs regarding variable persistence in bobo_traverse.  I posted an example
>product which outlines the problem a couple of months ago, but didn't
>get a single response so I'm still stuck.
>
>LocalFS gave me an idea to try which might get around the problem though.

Well. It didn't work.  I can't find any way to get around using
bobo_traverse to locate and call class methods, zope DB objects *and*
filesystem 'objects', and with v_variables broken in bobo_traverse,
I'm not sure how to accomplish what's needed without every request
becoming a Zope database transaction.

Does anyone have an idea of how to obtain the equivalent of the
v_variable behavior that is available in __getitem__ and __getattr__
from inside of bobo_traverse?  If we could figure this out, it'd
be a cinch.

Thanks
Kent