[Zope] Java Port

Michael Hirsch hirsch@z2i.com
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 21:49:13 -0400 (EDT)

smoerk@gmx.de writes:
 > >> Did anyone try to port Zope to Java (using JPython)?
 > >
 > >I guess that to basic technologies of Zope, ExtensionClass
 > >and Aquisition, are not ported to JPython.
 >
 > Did anyone try to compile Zope with JPython?

I almost tried to do that.  Actually, all I want is the object
database.  I need a java db and I can't find one faster than catsup.
I've found a couple faster than molasses and a couple slower, but I'd
like one that is quick and wondered if the db suupplied with zope
(whose name escapes me right now) is faster.

Anyway, I was just about to try that when I got put on another
project, but I hope to get back to it.

 > >> - portability? not sure if Java is more portable than Python ;)
 > >
 > >The only architecture I know that has java and does not have python
 > >is PalmPilot.

Just about every embedded device nowadays is claiming java support.
For instance, Scientific Atlanta can run it on their set top boxes.
I haven't heard any suck claims for python, though I bet the port
would be easy.

--
--Michael