[Zope] generating static files in the filesystem

Heiko Stoermer heiko@mig.net
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 12:33:00 +0200

Hi Zopists,

I'm currently working on an authoring system for my company to prove
them how cool zope is...
In short: they want an application to enter data with which
html-documents will be generated.
the problem is that they want static html files on their harddisk to
serve them with apache, or their netscape server (don't ask...).

So: does anyone have a brilliant idea on how to get DTML-Documents (with
their data stored in properties) out of Zope as a complete file?
(to make it worse: including the embedded images...)

One approach I thought of was to write a HTTPClient that sucks the pages
out of zope via the web, but actually I don't find this to be a very
elegant solution.

Thanks for thinking about it
:)

Heiko