[Zope] Zope Newbie Needs Install Help

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:48:54 +0200

At 15:17 01/09/99 , Heiko Stoermer wrote:

>John,
>smile for a while...
>:)
>
>I don't want to frustrate you, but installing it was the slightest
>problem...
>
>One thing that might be important for you: Zope _requires_ python ver.
>1.5.2.
>AFAIK it will not work with any other version. so if you have python
>preinstalled on your machines, you're likely to run into problems
>because
>1.5.2 is not the latest python release!

Eh?

 From http://www.python.org/1.5/

On 13 April 1999, the final version of Python 1.5.2 was released.

This concludes the 1.5 development cycle; while I may release some
essential patches later, my main development focus will be on Python 1.6
(with 2.0 on the horizon; 1.6 will probably be the last of the 1.x
versions; you can expect 1.6 to come out sometime in 2000, and alpha
versions of 2.0 one or two years later). Older releases are also still
available, but are mostly of historic interest.

Seems to me 1.5.2 is the latest..

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer