[Zope] Zope and Apache (Authentication)

Cobalt maillinglist mailcobalt@blues.micasolutions.fi
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:46:05 +0300 (EEST)

> I would suggest using RewriteLog, level 9, to track down the bug.

Yep, done that, but I can't spot the error. As far as I can tell the
program gets the correct env-variables.

> It's not crypted, it's base64'ed plain text.  Zope's access file is
> crypted however, but it can handle that.

Ok, that clears things abit.

Could someone post their config-files and related stuff. I just can't seem
to pinpoint the problem.

I got things to work when I used Apache to do the authentication. ie. I
used .htaccess-style authentication and removed the passwd-string from
access. But if I understand correctly this disables some functions in
zope, like user passwords and stuff??

Kristoffer Michael