[Zope] Oracle connection requirements

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:45:13 -0400

thanks a bundle for your help. i feel kind of stupid now because the actual
error was due to some wrong permissions...... the account acting on behalf
of zope did not have execute/read permission of the database's parent
directory and as such was not able to access the "oracle" executable...

by the way, this is just a prelude. it's class project time again! ;) i did
receive an 'A' for my customer database system on Zope with MySQL last
semester thanks in large part to the help from this list.

as an aside, the project got a large local VAR/consulting firm here in ann
arbor/MI highly interested in Zope. i might end up getting a job there and
being the zope implementer because right now they don't have anyone who does
either zope or python...

jens

Jens Vagelpohl

Systems Administrator