[Zope] Problems in 2.0 using ZServer ws. using IIS

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Mon, 06 Sep 1999 21:56:13 +0300

Jim Sanford wrote:

> I have a project that is being developed for in house use. It will need to run
> under IIS in order to use SSL. We are about 2-3 weeks away from deployment.
>
> I have a problem with truncated results being sent back whenever I am routing
> through the pcgi wrapper under IIS. Icons do not render completely (if at all)
> and html pages are often truncated.
>
> I access zope with http://IP-ADDRESS/scripts/zope.cgi/...
>
> When accessing via http://IP-ADDRESS:8080/... I do not encounter these problems.
>
> An article on the Microsoft Web site claims that these types of CGI problems are
> caused by improperly written CGI processes runnig under IIS 4.0, which
> implements the CGI standards more strictly than previous versions.
>
> Additionally I seemed to be able to add a new dtml method when accessing Zope
> via IIS 4.0.
>
> Comments? Suggestions? Observations?

I've had (possibly similar) truncation problems, but only with MS Proxy
Server
2.0 and IE.

My problem was in essence MS Proxy which changed all \n --> \r\n  but
kept the
bytes
and drop the rest, so my important JavaScript at the end got truncated
by
exactly the number of lines bytes ;(

Netscape browser ignored the content-length and read all the file
anyhow.

You can check it out using telnet from a linux box by doing

telnet IP-ADDRESS 80 | tee output.80
GET /scripts/zope.cgi/... HTTP/1.0

telnet IP-ADDRESS 8080 | tee output.8080
GET /scripts/zope.cgi/... HTTP/1.0

and comparing the output files.

Or using a small python script that does the same.
You will need two newlines after the GET.. line

Hannu