[Zope] Problems in 2.0 using ZServer ws. using IIS

Jeff Bauer jbauer@pobox.com
Mon, 06 Sep 1999 15:17:53 -0500

Jim Sanford wrote:

> I have a project that is being developed for in house use. It
> will need to run under IIS in order to use SSL. We are about
> 2-3 weeks away from deployment.
>
> I have a problem with truncated results being sent back
> whenever I am routing through the pcgi wrapper under IIS.
> Icons do not render completely (if at all) and html pages
> are often truncated.

Jim,

I don't have any experience running under IIS, but Amos Lattier
does.  He was the first to get pcgi-wrapper.exe working with it.
The Win32 hack of pcgi-wrapper was mainly a proof-of-concept
thing.  I tested it using Apache.  Win32 incurs a substantially
higher process launch cost (Unix's fork has a more efficient
copy-on-write mechanism).

Hopefully, Amos will join this thread.  Until then, one
suggestion might be to set the System Environment Variable:
PYTHONUNBUFFERED=1  (or set in Zope.cgi).

Good luck.

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research