[Zope] A cut-down user control system..

Stuart Woolford stuartw@newmail.net
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:20:19 +1200

On Tue, 07 Sep 1999, Rob Page wrote:
> > I want to be able to include a page allowing specified users
> > (ie: a manager at
> > the company whose intranet site this system will be used) to
> > add/remove users
> > whom are allowed to use resources, HOWEVER, I only want him
> > to be able to
> > add/remove users, and put them in a limited range of groups
> > (ie: staff, sales,
> > etc..), NOT to be able to assign/change admin privileges,
> > preferable not be
> > able to change all users, etc, etc, etc..
>
> If you look at the current user management ui, you'll not that is calls
> (among other things) manage_addUser.  You can reimplement the user
> management interface that you want using DTML Documents and Methods.  Of
> course, at some point you'll also need to call manage_addUser:
>
> <!--#call manage_addUser(some_parms_in_here)-->
>
> You can give the document that contains this call the Manager proxy
> role...
>
> Hope this helps,
> --Rob

I've had a look at this, and cannot find a manage_addUser(), there is a
manage_addUserFolder().. I'm using Zope 2.0.0 incase that changes things.
I'm trying to follow the python in AccessControl, but am not quite up to speed
yet. I'm hoping to add something like:

<!--#if username-->
adding <!--#var username-->
<!--#call "doAddUser(username)"-->

(but obviously not quite exactly that ;)

Any ideas anyone?? It's sure got me beat, I'm a bit fresh at python/Zope to work
it out, it would seem :(

stuartw@newmail.net Unix Consultant.
Software Developer.
Supra Club of New Zealand.