[Zope] The Honest Scoop on Zope

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
09 Sep 1999 08:20:27 -0500

Martijn Pieters <mj@antraciet.nl> writes:

> But nobody reads his mail properly =)

I've always known that it takes someone from .nl to properly
understand English :-)

> He just said he had problems with these variables dissapearing.
>
> My answer:
>
> If your variables don't exist anymore in sub mthods, you didn't pass in the
> REQUEST object. Make sure that you call the method with REQUEST=REQUEST in
> their call..

OK, closer!  Here's the problem.  I have a method that returns an
array of objects.  This works great with dtml-in.  I want to make a
simple tree of these objects, so that when the person clicks on the +
sign, the given object is displayed.  So, I set leaves to be the
object's display method and branches_expr to call the function.  But
-- this gives the object, but clicking + gives another listing of the
same objects, and this keeps on going, presumably infinately.

I tried passing tree-level to the function, but _ mysteriously is
inaccessible inside dtml-tree.

What exactly should I be doing?

FWIW, I created a product and an Event class that holds information on
events.  I then made a folder called eventDb that is populated with
these types of objects.  In that folder's parent, there is a
getEventsByDate method, that takes start and end dates, and returns a
list of objects that fall in that range.  I then want to have a nice
tree display of these objects.

Thanks,

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 37,919,585th prime number is 733,989,829.