[Zope] Re: Two newbie questions + Zope patch

Evan Simpson evan@tokenexchange.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:20:21 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>
> > <dtml-var "_.getattr(eric(), 'half/a/bee')">
>
> Ouch!
>
> I can see changing var to work with relative paths, but not getattr.
> You can try and convince me otherwise but I think _.getattr should work
> as much like the python getattr as possible (after all, it *is* the
> python getattr!).

<chuckle> This happens to be the simplest case, since it *isn't* Python's
getattr -- it's careful_getattr.

In fact, I included a patch to careful_getattr in my original post!  The
others are more painful, since they involve patching DocumentTemplate name
parameter handling and <shudder> cDocumentTemplate, respectively.

Anyway, in the absence of an altered _.getattr, what would be the best way
to get an unrendered equivalent of <dtml-var a/b/c>?