[Zope] Calendar ZSIG?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 19:32:32 -0400 (EDT)

There seem to be several Zope-related applications where you want to
deal with calendars and events.  Some people want to display
relatively static calendars of upcoming events such as conferences and
shows; others want to write more dynamic scheduling systems
where people can manage their scheduling; personally, I want to
display historical database information, so you can say "Hey!
Nothing's happened for a week!".

The CalendarTag is quite useful, but it could be a good deal more
flexible and the display could be improved in various ways.  Philip
J. Eby had several suggestions for a design for calendar events, in
the thread starting from this post:
http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-September/009591.html

Question: is there enough interest in scheduling to make it worth
creating a Zope SIG for working on the topic?  The initial deliverable
might just be an enhanced version of Ty Sarna's CalendarTag that's a
bit more configurable.  Or should I simply discuss this on the
already high-traffic Zope list, or zope-dev?
(But zope-dev for development of Zope, not Zope add-ons.)

Suggestions?

The road ahead can hardly help being strewn with many a mistake. The main
point is to get those mistakes made and recognized as fast as possible!
    -- John A. Wheeler