[Zope] ZServer log format

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:48:25 -0400

> At 12:15 PM 9/10/99 +1000, Itai Tavo wrote:
>
>>I want to ditch Apache and use ZServer directly... but I got Apache
>>to write HTTP_AGENT and HTTP_REFERER to the access log file, which
>>medusa doesn't do. I couldn't find a way to customize the logs in
>>medusa in the docs and after a quick look through the code. Is it
>>possible? Or can anyone point me to the place in the code to add a
>>patch?
>
> There's unfortunately no easy way to customize this yet. Making the hit
> logs more flexible is on my ZServer TODO list.
>
> If you're brave take a look at ZServer/medusa/http_server.py in the
> http_request.log method. Unfortunately the CGI environment variables are
> not stored in the http_request object, so it's gonna take some work. You
> may want to check out LoggingProducer in ZServer/Producers.py.
>
> Good luck.

Actually, Brian Hooper kindly contributed some patches (that didn't apply,
but... oh well :-) that fix this, and create the log format in Common Long
Combined format (Analog has no problems handling it)... this should resolve
the issue for most people until we can come up with a more flexible
solution.

These are checked into the CVS repository.

Chris