[Zope] Zope on a Mac?

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 22:54:38 +0200

At 21:28 10-9-99 , Steve Jibson wrote:
>Cross-platform question for the day:
>
>I know you can get Python for the Macintosh.  Will Zope run on a Mac?

Not at the moment, because the DC guys have not got the experience nor the
resources to get it to work. But there might be hope.

I recently delivered a small Zope e-commerce app to a startup company
called Oratrix (http://www.oratrix.com/; Their GRiNS for Smile editor can
be bought using a Zope server). It is a spin-off from CWI, the institute
where Guido van Rossum developed Python.

The two programmers that work there are both avid Python users. In fact,
their product line is implemented in Python. One of them, Jack Jansen, is
also the maintainer of MacPython. My recent introduction of Zope there has
certainly drawn Jack's attention.

I'll be doing some more work for them next week. I'll definitely will ask
Jack about the status of MacPython 1.5.2 (which is not yet there, but would
be needed), and his thoughts on, let's be consistent, MacZope.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer