[Zope] <dtml-with> and last_modified newbie question

Kevin Teague kteague@stormix.com
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 02:27:22 -0700

Hello,

I've been trying to get a page working where content managers can use
the dtml-with tag in conjunction with the dtml-var tag to insert the
date that different pages on the site were last updated. At first I
wrote the following code:

<dtml-with folder><dtml-with dtml_document>
  <dtml-var title> was last updated on <dtml-var last_modified
fmt="fCommon">
</dtml-with></dtml-with>

This returned an error until I changed last_modified to
bobobase_modification_time. However, it did not return the time that the
dtml_document was last modified, but instead returned the time that the
folder was last modified on. So I re-wrote the code like so:

<dtml-with "folder.dtml_document">
  <dtml-var title> was last updated on <dtml-var
bobobase_modification_time fmt="fCommon">
</dtml-with>

And this worked fine.

I have two questions:

1. Is bobobase_modification_time the right name to use for the "Last
modified" attribute of an object? How come Zope doesn't understand
last_modified (or Last_modified or last-modified)? (I'm running Zope
2.0b6)

2. Is there something wrong with my dtml-with syntax in my first
example? Should two nested dtml-with tags work the same as
"object1.object2" (or is this a bug in Zope)?

--
  Kevin Teague
  Webmaster