[Zope] Zope and Disk Quotas and Docs, Oh my!

Dan Feldman protozoa@locutus.ghs.ssd.k12.wa.us
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 00:56:40 +0100 (CET)

I am in the early stages of designing a fairly large intranet (2000+
users) that might use Zope. I'm very impressed with it on the Zope beta
site - it seems to work quite well for managing hundreds of users'
articles and comments. But does it support disk quotas? I assume a user on
the Zope beta site can't upload more than a few megs of files!
Nevertheless, I haven't seen documentation on any Zope site about how to
do this. This would be very important, since we want to have an interface
so users can store files without making it easy to compromise our server.

One other question: This project will probably have to have an e-mail
interface. I could implement an SMTP server in Python that interfaces with
Zope, but it would be much simpler to have a web-page interface that
connects to an IMAP back end. It would be easiest to validate users who
log on against the IMAP server, so all the passwords stay consistent. How
difficult would it be for me to create an IMAPUserFolder product, a bit
like the NisUserFolder and the SmbUserFolder? Is this practical?

Thanks in advance,

	-- Dan Feldman
	   Hacker, webmaster and computer connoisseur
	   Out of sight, out of mind, out of hand.