[Zope] Zope 2 dying and restarting

George Garvey tmwg-zope@inxservices.com
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 18:29:56 -0700

Linux 2.2.12; python 1.5.2; pentium 166; 64 Mb RAM; almost no swapping
right now. Just installed Zope in /usr/zope.

I tried it on one local system to see what I could do with it. I compiled
it on another system that's connected to the net. On that system I set up a
special password and group for it. Run as root, UID set to that user.

This is the real question: what can I do to get information about why it
dies? The only real change I made was to remove the -D "$@" from the start
file.

I don't know if it will means anything; but it's located at
www.inxservices.com:8080/SOM/BulletinBoard.

I get an error from python that I don't understand (on both machines -- the
original test machine and the one described here):

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]