[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] unpiclkleable errors

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:38:28 -0500

Robin Becker wrote:

> >Is this reproduceable?  Were you trying 0.01 before?
> >
> OK I checked further and it comes back when I install clean and goes
> away when I delete the dir. I'm running Zope2 + CVS under Win95 osr2.

I recommend that you delete the PythonMethod directory, restart Zope, delete any
PythonMethod instances you have created, re-install PM 0.1.1, and re-create them.
Don't use Zope's export facility or copy & paste to transfer them, just copy your
code into an editor window or something.  Version 0.0.1 stored hard references to
functions and classes in its pickled representation, and when these go away in
0.1.1, Zope gets really unhappy.  This *shouldn't* be a problem in the future
upgrades, since one of the many improvements in 0.1.1 is a much cleaner pickle
containing only basic types.

That said, this *is* still alpha code.

beware-the-toe-gremlins-ly y'rs
Evan Simpson