[Zope] pythonmethods rock ! this should be part of zope.

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:50:50 -0400

Tabs are evil :-)

As for Python methods becoming part of Zope proper, the big thing is that
Evan uses a TOTALLY different security model than we do for protecting the
user (he munges in the byte code machinery, where as we do parse tree
manipulation).  This is prohibitive as I (as security Tzar) am not going to
want to have two models floating around :/  This is unfortunate, but it's a
proof of concept and will definatly flesh out some of the requirements.
Think of it as the beginning of the inception phase of a project.

You don't know what you need until you have it :-)

Chris