[Zope] Many Zope questions

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:11:21 +0200

At 06:56 13/09/99 , John Goerzen wrote:
>Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> writes:
>
> > > How do the rewrite rules impact accessing things like /manage?
> >
> > They don't.  I'll add this to the How-To.
>
>Unfortunately, they do.  When I set up a virtualhost to point to a
>subdirectory of the Zope site, the manage screen goes berserk.  It
>says things like "Folder at /ACLUG/ACLUG/ACLUG" when I ask for /manage
>on the virtualhost.  The site is working OK (except for the darn base
>tag) but this isn't.
>
>Ideas?

This is because this kind of rewriting is not supported, and not working in
Zope.

Some people have patched Zope to accept an extra environment variable that
makes Zope chop off 1 or more steps of the URL, making its BASE be more
accurate. It can be found here:

   http://www.mtg.co.at/projects/subhosting/

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer