[Zope] Suppressing <BASE> tag

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:31:47 +0200 (CEST)

On 13 Sep 1999, John Goerzen wrote:

> Andreas Kostyrka <andreas@mtg.co.at> writes:
>
> > > I tried setBase with an empty string, but it insisted on adding a
> > > slash.  Why can this not be disabled?
> > Well, the only way is to include a BASE tag (possibly) in your HTML.
>
> Hmm, I tried that.  It worked in that it suppressed the BASE tag, but
> failed in that it basically broke the entire site.  Apparently, Zope
> does not issue a redirect for:
>
>   http://some.site/foo/Folder
>
> to:
>
>   http://some.site/foo/Folder/
>
> <rant>
>
> It really, really, really should redirect that.  It is really silly to
> have to put in a Base tag, and that makes it extremely difficult to do
> some things like mirroring or virtual hosting.
Well, it's not just the BASE tag: ZOPE always needs to know to exact
activation: ZOPE is dynamic, and some Products (like Confera) and the
<dtml-var> tag for Image do create absolute URLs.

Trust me, subhosting is not something you want to do at the current state
of affair with Zope.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256