[Zope] Need a list of words not indexed by Catalog

Jason Spisak webmaster@hiretechs.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:31:15 -0400

Can we get a public list of the words not indexed by the Catalog?

I just spent a few hours being tortured trying to find out why a guy in
the Datbase of 10,000 whose name is 'Max Many', doesn't come up on a
last name search, and guess what, the Catalog doesn't index his last
name.  The word 'many'.  Suprize! This is the third gotcha word we've
expericened (don't try to find C/C++ in a document) and it's makes
people doubt the software.  (I explain about the size of indexes and
such, and I understand it, but every surprise word you can't find is
another step backward.)

You might publish a list of words you'll never find in the Catalog.
Just in case one of them happens to be a very big part of someone's
business.

All my best,

--
Jason Spisak