[Zope] Merits of a photo class?

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 05:10:37 +0800

At 09:40 AM 9/14/99 -0400, kedai wrote:

>> Anyway, to create a zclass that can contain other zclass's, just
>> make sure that the container zclass is based on the ObjectManager
>> class. (don't be scared by the term ObjectManager - it is as simple
>> as it sounds - it stores objects. It allows you  to create a
>> zclass that can contain other zclasses.)
>>
>hi, i've tried the zclass tutorial, and everything went OK.  but when
trying to create a zclass within a zclass, i can't see the zclass when i
want to create an instance of it.

But there's an "add" button, right ? Click it.

>e.g.
> i got zclass B in zclass A.  after creating an instance of A, i can't add
zclass Badd  did make zclass A as an object manager.

Do you see the "add" button inside your instance of
Zclass A ? Clicking it should create an instance
of Zclass B.

If you don't see any "add" buttons or any pull down lists,
go to the "subobjects" tab of Zclass A and explicitly select
which objects can be added to an instance of Zclass A (since
it *is* based on the ObjectManager, isn't it ?)

IF you see the "add" button and clicking it gives a permissions
error, then you need to go to the permissions tab of zclass A
and click "change". Also, go to the factory of Zclass B and click
change... this has often helped me in the past and I think it's
a bug.

>sorry if this is off topic.

It's not off topic. Zclasses are very powerful but there are
some wrinkles that need to be ironed out (and advanced docs
are a bit slack). I would write a tutorial on the latter but
I fear they'd be irrelevant within the next point release - the
only reason that Zclasses are causing so much trouble right now
is due to glitches that will hopefully be fixed soon.

chas

ps. congratulations - first time I've ever seen another malaysian
    on a python-oriented list.