[Zope] Creating a Product

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 01:46:46 -0400

jonathanbrisbin@excite.com wrote:

> I'm starting to create a Product in Zope, and I quickly realized I don't
> know what the heck I'm doing :-)  Can someone export, etc... a product
> they've created so I can see the Zope methods, propertysheets, etc... that
> you have to create to get the silly thing working right :-)
>
> Maybe someone needs to do a tutorial on actually creating Products?? ;-)

I assume your talking about through the web products, you can also write
Products in Python that function identically.  Python products tend to
be more advanced or interface external resources.

If you go to the beta site http://www.zope.org:18200/ you can download
the KM|News product, which was designed through the web using ZClasses.

Products do not necesarily require ZClasses, however.  Simple products
can be made that work just with the standard Zope objects (ZClasses let
you define new types of objects).  Simple Products are documented in the
Content Managers Guide.

http://www.zope.org:18200/Documentation/Guides/ZCMG/ZCMG-HTML/ZCMG.11.2.html

-Michel