[Zope] ADVICE needed: multi-site Zope installations, PCGI and ZServer

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:56:35 +0100

At 6:03 pm +0000 14/9/99, Doug Hellmann wrote:

>It is possible to run ZServer behind Apache.  Take a look at the
>WEBSERVER.txt file in the docs directory of the source distribution.
>Essentially, you run z2.py with an argument telling it where the PCGI
>file is.  If you configure Apache and ZServer to use the same PCGI
>config file, it works fine.  And it is *MUCH* faster than PCGI since you
>get multithreading.
>
>Doug

Cheers Doug,
I presume we're talking about the 'Using Zope in multi-threaded mode
with ZServer' part of the docs?

I'm in the process of trying that out. I still have a mental block
re: PCGI and ZServer (drat!). I'm presuming that using this method,
I'll get the performance of ZServer, whilst being able to use the
Virtual hosting ability of Apache.
If so, mark me up as one happy camper.....

Can anyone answer that question definitively please?

ta
tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2