[Zope] Zope on Debian 2.1

NatePuri NatePuri <publisher@office.ompages.com>
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 02:06:17 -0700

--gE7i1rD7pdK0Ng3j

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 05:39:11PM +0900, Brian Hooper wrote:
> 1. install Python 1.5.2 from source (in the default, /usr/local/bin),
>    and then run /usr/local/bin/python w_pcgi.py or wo_pcgi.py as
>    appropriate (depending on whether or not you want pcgi)

The source I get from debian requires libc6 2.1 and that will break
my install.  Do you know where I can find python elsewhere?

> 2. install Python 1.5.2 from the .deb package that comes with potato (I=
=20
>    haven't tried this, so I'm not sure whether it works, but it seems
>    like it should) and then use that python (/usr/bin/python) to run
>    wo_pcgi.py or w_pcgi.py

The potato requires libc6 2.1 and I can't deal with that right now.

> 3. use the Linux binary, which is probably the easiest way, but comes
>    with a separate, redundant Python

Where do I get this?  I could only find the source release on the Zope.org
site (i.e., the Zope-xxxx-linux-x86) or something like that, is a source
release and it gives me an error when I do ./start.  I couldn't log on
to port :8080/manage at all.

>=20
> Hope this helps,

It did give me new ideas where I was almost going to give up and hire someo=
ne.

I'll keep trying. Thanks.

> Brian Hooper
>=20
> NatePuri <publisher@office.ompages.com> wrote:
>=20
> >=20
> > --IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX
> >=20
> > I am trying to install Zope and have had a rough time.  I have a=3D20
> > Debian 2.1 (Slink) system running here.  Zope comes in binary format
> > for debian but would require me to upgrade to Potato.  I have a pretty
> > security intensive user base and I don't feel comfortable upgrading at
> > this time.
> >=20
> > I have the Zope components, but I don't know where my 'Python path'
> > is for purposes of installation.  I have /usr/bin/python and=3D20
> > /usr/lib/python1.5.  Which is the path.  The one in /usr/bin is
> > a binary.  Do I put it in /usr/bin?  Thanks
> >=20
> >=20
> > --=3D20
> > NatePuri ("natedawg")=3D20