[Zope] dtml-in and batches

Duncan Booth duncan@rcp.co.uk
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:30:31 +0000

I may be missing something obvious here, but if I use the in tag to
iterate over a list in several batches, how can I easily work out what
*all* the batches are.

The user guide gives several examples using either previous-
batches or next-batches to list the batches before and after, but if I
want the complete list of all batches I seem to have to do a lost of
work, first iterating over the first batch extracting the first and last
elements, then iterating over the next batches, all of which seems
unduly messy.

The reason I want to do this is to build an index page with all the
individual batches listed.

P.S. In an earlier thread Evan Simpson wrote:
> <!--#in "objectValues(['Folder', 'DTML Document'])" sort=id reverse
> size=5 start=0-->
> 'start' is supposed to be a variable name, not a number, but this
> works anyway <shrug>.
When using #in with 'next' or 'previous' options you have to use a
variable name.

--
Duncan Booth                                             duncan@dales.rmplc.co.uk
http://dales.rmplc.co.uk/Duncan