[Zope] Editing Zope documents with ftp - Epsilon

Duncan Booth duncan@rcp.co.uk
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:52:55 +0000

My favourite editor under Windows is Epsilon which is an emacs
style editor, but with a lot of support for MS-Windows styles things
as well. It supports editing files via ftp (and reading by not saving
files via http), and I have used it with Zope, but found it a bit
inconvenient as it needed the ftp server to be on the default port.

The reason I mention all this is that the new version currently in beta
test supports ftp URLs on non-default ports. So I now have an easy
way to edit all my Zope DTML with syntax coloured highlighting (for
the HTML bits --- I haven't done a proper DTML mode yet).

The downside for some people may be that it costs real money, but
the beta version is available for free download for Windows, OS/2 or
Linux while the beta program lasts at http://www.lugaru.com.

(I have no connection whatsoever with Lugaru, except that I have
been a satisfied used since version 3).

--
Duncan Booth                                             duncan@dales.rmplc.co.uk
http://dales.rmplc.co.uk/Duncan