[Zope] Zope2.0.0 final - hung.

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:21:11 +0100

At 12:30 pm -0400 16/9/99, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> > The only thing I've done is to use the binary release of python to do
>> some MySQL work. I haven't installed Andy Dustmans' MySQLdb-0.1.0
>> yet. I used the same python installation that the Zope server is
>> using. Is it possible I've done something to the 'interpreter lock'
>> or somesuch...
>
>This could be the problem if you are using other code in the same
>process space as Zope.  If it's a different process, then they are
>unrelated.

Is there any way I can find this out? My knowledge of Python innards
is pretty slim.

> > If the outcome is that I should leave the Zope python binary well
>> alone whilst Zope is running - then that is completely icebox with me.
>>
>> I hate to say this, but .... help!.
>
>I would restart and see if you can recreate it.

I've restarted it, and nothing has gone wrong yet. If it does, I'll
let the list know.

cheers
Tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2