[Zope] httpdapy support info?

Jason Jones jason_j@countermedia.org
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:36:12 -0500

Looking around the python.org site I found the following info about
httpdapy:

>WHAT'S NEW SINCE THE 0.x VERSIONS
>
>1. ZPublisher (formerly Bobo) support. The httpdapi_publisher module
>allows the use of ZPublisher (http://www.digicool.com/site/Bobo/) with
>httpdapi. See the module comments to find out how. Note that Zope
>(which is a development environment which includes ZPublisher) does
>not work reliably with Httpdapy yet. Zope does not have a good locking
>mechanism for its persistent object storage which creates a problem
>with Apache since apache runs as several separate processes any one of
>which can try to modify to the storage. I expect this will be resolved
>in the near future by producers of Zope.

This was a comment from 1998 it looks like. Does anyone have any knowledge
of running Zope under httpdapy (which embeds python in apache)? I'd love to
do this if it's possible. Has anyone at Digital Creations ever tried this?
It seems like the perfomance of this combo would be much greater than apache
+ pcgi.

Thanks for any info,

Jason