[Zope] [Fwd: [Zope] Maximum zope database size BUG on Solaris]

Roman Milner roman@speeder.com
19 Sep 1999 04:29:28 -0500

    MP> This would be best answered by someone on the list who knows
    MP> more about sunos then I do.

    >>> -----Original Message----- From: codelarvs@ciudad.com.ar
    >>> [mailto:codelarvs@ciudad.com.ar] Sent: Thursday, September 16,
    >>> 1999 5:28 PM To: zope@zope.org Subject: [Zope] Maximum zope
    >>> database size BUG on Solaris
    >>>

    >>> I have Zope 2.0.0 binary distribution on a SPARC SunOS 5.7.
    >>> My problem is that when the database grows up to 2gb and I try
    >>> to keep adding files, Zope reports the folowing error:
    >>>
    >>> " Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
    >>> resource.  Error Type: OverflowError Error Value: integer
    >>> addition "
    >>  Please send the traceback.

SunOS (and a lot of other oses) have a 2gb size limit on files.  It's
built into the os and not a problem in zope.  I'm curious as to what
the answer is.  Can python be compiled as a 'large file aware'
application, or can you tell zope to split your db into multiple
files?

^Roman