[Zope] manage_clone gives permission error since Zope2

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:10:02 +0200

At 21:51 21/09/99 , Florian Mueller wrote:
>Hi there!
>
>Since we upgraded to Zope 2.0.0b4, I have major troubles
>with "manage_clone" in a product which worked fine before.
>Whenever I try using it, I get permission errors, even the superuser
>cannot use the method that worked fine before.
>Assuming I did something wrong, I took the Zope Content Manager
>Guide and typed the Plutonia example in again. It uses "manage_clone"
>as I do in my product.
>I ran this example, and hey! It did not work and gave
>the same weired "ApplicationDefaultPermissions" errors and stuff
>like that.
>I tried login as a superuser, and again I got authorization errors.
>
>First of all I though the error must have to do with wrong permission
>settings
>of my role, but than the superuser should not get an error, right?
>I also don't understand the new "mapping" permissions in the products
>since Zope2.
>
>Any clarification?
>
>Please send any reply directly to me!

First of all upgrade to Zope 2.0.1 and let us know if the problem still
occurs. If it does, include the traceback (in the HTML source of the error
message).

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer