[Zope] Acquisition? Did I just lose my Zen?

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:54:26 +0200

And I thougt I had it covered....

I have the following structure:

/
   index_html    (checks a cookie, gives
                  a frameset or a redirect
                  to /noframes/home (frameset
                  loads /home))
   home          (content)
   standard_html_header (together define my page
   standard_html_footer  layout)

   frames/     <- Framesets
     standard_html_header (define a frameset that
     standard_html_footer  loads the same URL minus
     index_html            the /frames prefix)
     nav                   (navigational frame)

   noframes/   <- No framesets
     standard_html_header (define a layout with
     standard_html_footer  navigation in a table)
     index_html

All objects are either Folders or DTML Methods. So far so good, this works
like charm. With acquisition, the home document can be viewed with and
without a frameset. See for yourself at:

   http://mj.antraciet.nl/

But then I make another Folder, lets say Personal, and define a index_html
in that Folder:

   Personal/
     index_html

Calling http://mj.antraciet.nl/Personal/ works fine, but when I call
http://mj.antraciet.nl/frames/Personal/ the same layout appears as the
previous URL. De standard_html_header and -_footer from the root are being
used, not the ones in the frames/ Folder! The same goes for noframes/.

Now either I have to rethink my Zope Zen, or something is very wrong here.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer