[Zope] Security and containment (was Re: [Zope] Acquisition? Did I just lose my Zen?) Zen?)

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:25:24 -0500

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 12:30:59PM +0000, Jim Fulton wrote:

> This is a function of the Zope security model.
> A user is not allowed to access a protected resource
> outside of the containment hierarchy where there user
> is defined.
>
> > Does this mean that acquisition does not (always) work between objects that
> > are on a same level
>
> This is a feature of the security model, no acquisition.

So, from the security model's point of view, sibling folder aquisition is not
the True aquisition? ;-)

This doesn't answer Martijn's question, though, about overriding the root
standard_header and standard_footer, overcoming the order-of-aquisition
problem. Any clever ideas out there?

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer